Research Ranking by Reasearc.com:
Among Top Chemistry Scientists in Greece (December 6th, 2021) (https://research.com/scientists-rankings/chemistry/gr)
· Biological Inorganic Chemistry or Inorganic Biochemistry or Medicinal Inorganic Chemistry
· Metallomics, Bio-organometallic Chemistry
· Drugs activation (NSAIDs, Antibiotics or Antithyroids) with main group elements (CoMeDs)
· Small Bioactive Molecules (SBaMs) containing main group elements
· Discovery and development of new therapeutic Anticancer or Antibacterial agents
· Encapsulated CoMeDs or SBaMs into micelles, hydrogels or natural resins with enhanced bioactivity
· Active medical devices (conduct lens, medical gauzes, etc)
· Characterization of new CoMeDs and SBAMs by combining all available spectroscopic and theoretical tools.
· Study of the interaction of CoMeDs or SMaMs with intra-cellular components modulating their function.
· DNA - CoMeDs or SMaMs interaction.
· Enzymes - CoMeDs or SMaMs interaction
· Mitochondrial Membrane - CoMeDs or SMaMs interaction.
· Cells and Bacterial screening
· Photoactivated Anticancer Compounds.
· Study of the mechanism of action of anti-thyroid drugs.
This research work has been published in more than 207 articles in International Scientific Journals and a total number of more than 6500 citations (Google Scholar) up to now.
h-index is 45 (ISI) June, 2022
7 Ph.D and 45 Master theses were resulted from this work, up to now.
The results of my research have been presented in 130 International and/or National Conferences with 28 oral presentations, 143 posters and 15 papers in proceedings of conferences.